Today marks 7 months since Mike asked me to be his girlfriend. Over 200 days later, I am still the happiest and luckiest girl on the face of the planet. Well, not including Phoebe, who is just about as lucky as me, since 7 months ago she was united with her BFF, Gus. Who would have thought that an 8-pounder and a 50-pounder would be the world’s cutest partners in crime?
In order to pay proper tribute to how happy I am, I thought I would start two lists. The first list encapsulates everything for which I am grateful:
- Mike, the love of my life, found me and the Pheebs 7 months ago
- We have the two most loving dogs on the face of the planet
- Those two love bugs are super well-behaved (thanks to Mike’s excellent dog training skills)
- We have an amazing house to practice on before we buy our own
- We both have non-boring jobs that pay the bills
- I am almost done with my master’s degree (December can’t come soon enough!)
- I have the cutest little nephew, Braylon
- Fantastic shows like Dexter, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad exist
- I have this blog/diary to help me keep track of how amazing my life is!
The second list is one that Mike asked me to start for him… He wants a “Honey Do” list. This is how amazing my man is; he actually encourages me to assign projects to him. I thought that it would be a good idea to put the Honey Do list online so that it can’t conveniently be misplaced:
- The trim near the ceiling needs to be painted one final time (at 5’4″, I’m a little to short to reach it, and also a bit of a klutz)
- Sometimes the sinks in the kitchen and the upstairs bathroom drip for no apparent reason
- We hardly ever have hot water upstairs!
- The dishwasher does not clean anything on the top rack
- Replace the screens that Gus jumped through
I will (of course) be adding to these lists whenever I think of something. I love lists. I love lamp. (Does anyone know when Anchorman 2 is coming out?)
Update: Seriously, how amazing is my life?? As I was writing this post, Mike came home with enough flowers for me to have 8 different vases filled!