I had big outdoor plans for today involving weeding areas in the front and side yard that have reached the point of being out of control.
It looks like it’s supposed to stop raining soon, so hopefully I’ll be able to get outdoors and take care of this weed situation. But I’ve got a back-up list of things to accomplish indoors, as well. We’ll see how many of them I am able to take care of today:
- The living/dining area needs to be re-arranged before I can present it to you. It does look a little different at the moment, but here’s a super embarrassing pic to show you what it started off like yesterday:
- Speaking of which, that back wall needs one more coat of paint, especially in the grooves.
- I hate this fireplace situation. I’d love to remove the tacky gold cover and clean out the inside. I very much doubt we’ll ever use the fireplace, but if we wanted to in the winter, we could just put the gold tackiness back in place.
- If I find myself with a big chunk of free time, I’d like to attempt to make some easy-on-the-tummy homemade dog food. Both of the dogs have been a little out of sorts without Mike, and I’m worried that Gus isn’t feeling well. It’d be nice to be able to feed him the doggie equivalent of chicken soup and toast. I found a great starting point on Happy Herbivore. The dogs aren’t vegetarians at the moment, but I think going this route for a few days might help get their digestive tracks back on, er, track (where’s a thesaurus when you need one?). This will also be a test run to see if I have the energy to make their food all the time, which I think would save us money, but I’d need to crunch the numbers a little more.
- I’d like to get my printer up and running so that I can do some couponing! Hopefully this will help out with the homemade dog food plan.
- All of our rugs are super slippery and we constantly trip over the corners in the upstairs hallway. So I’d love to make a no-slip grip bottom for them. We’ll see if Martha Stewart knows what she’s talking about.
- My closet/craft room needs to be organized, as does Mike’s closet, as does our bedroom, which looks like a college dorm room at the moment. Phoebe is either chasing her tail or checking out her own butt.
So there’s the list! I’ll keep you updated today how far I get. But before I go, I’d like to wish a very Happy Father’s Day to my dad – the greatest dad I could have ever asked for, and the world’s best beekeeper! Here he is with my nephew a year and a half ago, and back in March, teaching Mike how to start a hive.
And happy Father’s Day to my brother-in-law, Matt! On Father’s Day last year, he returned from Kuwait. It was a very happy reunion for his family, and I hope today is just as happy for them!
Happy Father’s Day to all you other dads out there! :-)