I woke up this morning in a great mood, but it was somehow made even better when I found out that Jen of Eat, Drink and DIY nominated me for a Liebster Award!
I was so giddy, I woke Mike up to show him. Basically, a Liebster is a creative way for bloggers to give a pat on the back to up-and-coming bloggers! You can read all the details for yourself on Jen’s post. A very big thank you to her for the nomination, and a huge congratulations on her own accolades! Despite how rewarding blogging is, it’s still a lot of work, so it’s always nice to hear that someone else appreciates what you do! I am so grateful for my nomination, and I’m thrilled to be able to spread the Liebster love to 10 other blogs, which I absolutely LOVE! So without further ado, my Top 10 (please don’t lament if your blog did not make the list – it probably means you have TOO MANY followers, so congratulations! For more Liebster rules, keep reading.):
- Every Home is a Castle
- The Belle of Beechmont
- Mommy MoonBlossom
- Susan’s Musings
- Creative Blossoming
- PB and Jabbers
- Life in Positudiness
- Nicks Knacks
- Girl with a Camera
- Simply Style
Before I dive into a Q & A session, I’d like to quickly run through the rules of Liebster nomination for my Top 10:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
So now I suppose I should answer the 10 questions asked by Jen from Eat, Drink and DIY. I’d LOVE to hear how YOUR responses differ/corroborate mine, so please drop me a comment (continue reading to see what questions I ask of the 10 I nominate!)!
- What is your favorite blog and why? – Sugar & Cloth makes me oh so happy! I love how the clean, simplistic layout makes it easy for blog viewing, and the content is just so fun, happy, and inspiring! I am amazed with what she’s done, and her energy level must be absolutely through the roof!
- What was the inspiration for your blog? – This song: Honestly, I was not much of a blog reader before I began blogging in May. The only blog I had even heard of was Young House Love. At the time, I was (and still am!) a full-time grad student working part-time on a Graduate Assistantship (also true today!), and commuting over an hour each way to spend time with my handsome man. We decided to move in together closer to The University of Akron, but couldn’t find any homes that were up to my standards. I was getting pretty bummed after looking at a house that looked older than Don Draper.
I told Mike that I definitely would not be renting that house. And then I woke him up that same night to tell him that I’d decided that we should rent it, because I was planning on fixing it up and blogging about it. It all sounds so fortuitous and romantic, and it was! But also, I wake Mike up almost once a night with crazy brainstorms I’ve had, so it was also kind of the norm for me. The name ‘Makeshift Living’ came about because I wanted to showcase temporary decorating ideas with our own flare. The M in Mike became ‘Makeshift,’ and the L in Laura became the ‘Living.’ And thus, my most favorite creation to date was born.
- How do you define success? – I think that success is the ability to be really good at doing what you love. Being really great at something you hate doing is unbearable, and can’t lead to success. But loving what you do and then somehow being able to thrive at it? Success. In the words of Charlie Sheen, “I’ll be over here, like, WINNING.”
- What is your favorite emergency meal? – Mike’s is definitely peanut butter and my dad’s honey. On crackers, bread, or just on a spoon. Peter B’s honey just doesn’t last long around these parts. But I’m going to go with Mini Babybel cheeses. I love ALL cheese, and almost always have a bag of Babybels on hand for “emergency” midnight snacks.
- What is the one thing you can’t live without in the kitchen? – Organization. There is no worse feeling than not knowing where your knives are, or losing Tupperware lids!
- What is your favorite thing you’ve done to improve your home? – I feel most proud of my re-vamped dresser. I remember picking it out at Gene’s Furniture with my parents, and I’m so happy that I was able to make it work in my own home!
- Where do you feel most at home and why? – Home is where ever I’m with Mike!
- What is something on your bucket list that you’d be most disappointed if you didn’t accomplish? – Skydiving! I know that it makes Mike nervous, so I’m not sure when I’ll tackle this bucket list item. But I’ve always thought that I would absolutely love it!
- What’s your favorite cocktail? – My favorite is Mike’s dad’s Whiskey Sour recipe. So delicious! Only slightly dangerous!
- What is the best bargain purchase you’ve made recently? – I am answering this one for Mike… he gave me the BEST early Christmas present EVER two weeks ago, when he bought me a Felt Café 3 bike. Phoebe and I have never been so happy!
And now my questions for my Top 10!
- Why did you start blogging?
- What three positives does blogging bring to your life?
- What hopes do you have for your blog?
- Of what are you most proud?
- Where do you shop the most?
- You have $10 to spend on Amazon. What do you buy?
- What crafting tool can you absolutely not live without?
- What’s your go-to recipe when you’re almost too tired to cook?
- Would you choose undying love or unlimited funds? Why?
- Do you have any pets? Please share a picture of your furbaby!
I’m so happy with my Liebster nomination that I could just about burst! Hopefully my Top 10 is as well! :-)
Did you love this post? If so, check out the following awesome links!